4.11.09

THE MASKS WE ALL WEAR

Is still to come the day when I present myself to someone new without wearing any masks. “It would be tremendously uninteresting”, someone tells me. Maybe, but I think we are increasingly moving away from each other, due to the masks we insist on putting. To become more interesting than we actually are, prettier than we actually believe, and more unachievable than we actually want.

I confess that I'm a bit tired to see masks in others and, above all, that they can understand mine. Sometimes it all seems a big lie.

Last weekend I went to a party where I didn’t know almost anyone. That situation allowed me to put something up to the test: I would not put any mask at the time I knew someone, or, at least, I would try hard. The consequences have been pleasantly surprising. And the most curious thing is that this was the night of all masks: Halloween!





These images belong to the project 'The other mask of clothing'
in USELOOS


2 comments:

territorius@gmail.com